This interface adds support for CAN controllers by Vector.
By default this library uses the channel configuration for CANalyzer.
To use a different application, open Vector Hardware Config program and create
a new application and assign the channels you may want to use.
Specify the application name as
app_name='Your app name' when constructing
the bus or in a config file.
Channel should be given as a list of channels starting at 0.
Here is an example configuration file connecting to CAN 1 and CAN 2 for an application named “python-can”:
[default] interface = vector channel = 0, 1 app_name = python-can
VectorBus(channel, can_filters=None, poll_interval=0.01, bitrate=None, rx_queue_size=256, app_name='CANalyzer', **config)¶
The CAN Bus implemented for the Vector interface.
- channel (list) – The channel indexes to create this bus with. Can also be a single integer or a comma separated string.
- poll_interval (float) – Poll interval in seconds.
- bitrate (int) – Bitrate in bits/s.
- rx_queue_size (int) – Number of messages in receive queue.
- app_name (str) – Name of application in Hardware Config.