ICS NeoVI documentation is a work in progress. Feedback and revisions
are most welcome!
This neovi interface requires the installation of the ICS neoVI DLL and python-ics package.
- Download and install the Intrepid Product Drivers
- Install python-ics
pip install python-ics
An example can.ini file for windows 7:
[default] interface = neovi channel = 1
NeoViBus(channel, can_filters=None, **kwargs)¶
The CAN Bus implemented for the python_ics interface https://github.com/intrepidcs/python_ics
- channel (int or str or list(int) or list(str)) – The channel ids to create this bus with. Can also be a single integer, netid name or a comma separated string.
- can_filters (list) – See
- receive_own_messages (bool) – If transmitted messages should also be received by this bus.
- use_system_timestamp (bool) – Use system timestamp for can messages instead of the hardware time stamp
- serial (str) – Serial to connect (optional, will use the first found if not supplied)
- bitrate (int) – Channel bitrate in bit/s. (optional, will enable the auto bitrate feature if not supplied)
- fd (bool) – If CAN-FD frames should be supported.
- data_bitrate (int) – Which bitrate to use for data phase in CAN FD. Defaults to arbitration bitrate.
- override_library_name – Absolute path or relative path to the library including filename.
Decode (if needed) and return the ICS device serial string
Parameters: device – ics device Returns: ics device serial string Return type: str
Transmit a message to the CAN bus.
can.CanError – if the message could not be sent
Called to carry out any interface specific cleanup required in shutting down a bus.